K Swarupa Rani
SCIS, University of Hyderabad,
Central University P.O,
Hyderabad - 500 046.
Areas of Interest:
Data Science and Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and some of the related areas.
Professional Experience and Activities :
- Member: Program Committee, Multi-disciplinary Trends in Artificial Intelligence 6th International Workshop, MIWAI 2012, Ho Chin Minh City, Vietnam.
- Member: Indian Society for Rough Sets
- Invited lecture: ‘Analysis of Data Mining Methods’, Al-Habeeb College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad.
- Appointed as Question Paper Setter for MCA Course “Data Warehousing and Mining”, Vignan University, Vadlamudi.
- Reviewer: Paper entitled “Decision Tree aided Power System Security Assessment for Multiple Contigencies using Progressive Entropy Curve based Grouping”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- Chaired a session (15): ‘Knowledge Technology’, 2012 Joint Rough Set Symposium (JRS2012), Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China, August 17-20, 2012.
- Paper presented: ‘“Extracting Incidental and Global Knowledge through Compact Pattern Trees in Distributed Environment’, 7th International Conference of “Rough Sets and knowledge Technology”, School of Information Science and Technology, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, 610031, China, August 17-20, 2012..
- Resource Person: Staff Development Program on Advanced Data Mining Techniques in Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nizampet, Hyderabad. First Session: “Performance Evaluation and Metrics for Predictive Modeling”.Second Session: “Sequential Pattern Mining”.
- Chief Guest: Inspiretech 13, Al-Habeeb College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad