Prof. Pujari is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. He is currently Vice Chancellor, Central University of Rajasthan. Prior to joining UoH, he served at Automated Cartography Cell, Survey of India, and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He received PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and MSc from Sambalpur University, Sambalpur.
He has 35 years of teaching experience of post-graduate classes in several national institutions. During this period he had taught, designed and developed several new courses. The important ones are Data Bases, Theory of Computation, Computer Vision, Computational Geometry, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Based Optimization Techniques, Knowledge Representation & R easoning, Machine Learning, Data Mining & Data Warehousing, Neural Networks, GIS and Bioinformatics.
He has undertaken several visiting assignments.
- Visiting Fellow, Institute of Industrial Sciences, University of Tokyo on Sabbatical leave, (1990)
- Visiting Fellow, International Institute of Software Technology, UN University, Macau, (1997).
- Visiting Professor, University of Memphis, Memphis, USA (1997).
- Visiting Professor, University of Griffith, Australia (1998).
- Visiting Professor, University of Griffith, Australia (1999).
- Visiting Professor (offered but could not avail), Texas A & M University, USA, (2000).
- Visiting Fellow, University of Mcquerie, Sydney, 2002 (did not avail)
- Visiting Scientist , LIMSI, Centre National De La Recherche Scientifique, Orsay, France(2004).
- Visiting Professor, Griffith University (1998), (1999), (2006).
Member of High-level Committees
- Member, Taskforce for HE, Govt of Orissa.
- Member Delegate, UK-India Higher Education Leadership programme.
- Member, AICTE National Board of IT education.
- National Taskforce on Geo-visualization, Dept. of Sc and Technology, Govt. of India.
- Member, Standing Committee, Insurance Regulatory and Development Agency (IRDA).
- Expert Committee, Natural Resource Data Management System, Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- UGC Visiting Committee for IXth plan.
- UGC Visiting Committee for recognition of Deemed University.
Member of Governing Councils of other institutions
- Member, Standing Committee, Association of Indian Universities(AIU), New Delhi.
- Member, Governing Body, Redcross Youth, Orissa.
- Member of Governing Board, Central Institute for Tool Design, GoI Undertaking.
- Member of Governing Board, Institute of Research and Development in Banking Technology, An institution of RBI.
- Member of Board of Directors, Sierra Atlantic Software Services, A multi-national IT Company.
- Member of Board of Directors, AP Technological Service, Govt. of A.P.
- Chairman, Governing Body, School of IT, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Data Mining Techniques, Universities Press (2001) 3rd edition in 2013.
- Database Management Systems, Indian Society of Technical Education (2001).
- Edited- R. Sekar, Arun K. Pujari: Information Systems Security, 4th International Conference, ICISS 2008, Hyderabad, India, December 16-20, 2008. Proceedings Springer 2008.
- Lecturer, Govt. College, Angul, Orissa. (1981-82).
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, School of Computer & System Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (1982-83).
- Chief Instructor, Automated Cartography Cell, R&D Directorate, Survey of India, Dehradun (1983-85).
- Reader (or, Associate Professor) of Computer Science, School of Mathematics and Computer/Information Sciences, University of Hyderabad, (1985- 1990).
- Professor of Computer Science, Department of Computer & Information Sciences, University of Hyderabad. (1990- till date).
- Professor & Head, Dept of Computer & Info. Sc. (1993-1998) and (2004).
- Dean, School of Mathematics & Computer Information Sc(2005-2007).
- Professor, The LNM IIT, Jaipur (2007-2008) (on leave from UoH).
- Vice Chancellor, Sambalpur University, Sambalpur, Orissa (2008-2011).
- Dean, School of Computer & Information Sc, Univ of Hyderabad (2013-2015).
- Vice Chancellor, Central University of Rajasthan, Rajasthan (2015 - till date).
Research Interest: AI, GIS, Combinatorial Algorithms, Data Mining.
- Published 31 Journals and 48 Refereed Conferences.
- Supervised 20 doctoral students and more than 100 master students.
- 11 different funded research projects amounting to 2 crores.
- Visiting professor at USA, France, Australia, Macau, Japan.
- Curricula developement in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence.
- Distance Learning in Computer Science: University of Hyderabad introduced Distance education programme in Computer Science and I designed and developed the complete Distance Education Programme as the Coordinator of this programme.
- Industry University interaction: I initiated the consultancy work for the department. I am member of MOU committee of the University, which has the responsibility of establishing Industry link.
- Vision-based Industrial Inspection Systems.
- AI for Art & Culture.